Modern unified Asana test management with Testmo. Link your testing efforts to Asana tasks and integrate manual test cases, exploratory testing and test automation.
Testmo integrates with Asana so you can add new issues (tasks in Asana) from Testmo, link Asana issues from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced issues.
The Asana integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers. This page explains how to configure and use the Asana integration in Testmo.
To configure the Asana integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your Asana instance:
# To link to the New Task dialog in Asanahttps://app.asana.com/-/create_task/# Or to link to a Project list; replace <project-id>https://app.asana.com/0/<project-id>/list# Or to link to a Project board; replace <project-id>https://app.asana.com/0/<project-id>/board
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# To open the issue in the dedicated task viewhttps://app.asana.com/0/0/$(id)/f# Or to open the issue in the project contexthttps://app.asana.com/0/0/$(id)
- View issue link: When users click on a linked Asana issue ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual ID:
- Issue ID format: For Asana, select
The integration allows users to add new issues to Asana during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked Asana issues from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports to implement Asana test management with Testmo.
To create new Asana issues from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured Asana issue tracker (see above)
- Either enter one or more existing Asana issue IDs in the Issue IDs field, or click the + New issues link to access Asana
- When adding new issues, create the issue in Asana, then close the window and enter the new Asana issue ID
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
How to find the task/issue ID in Asana?
To find the ID of a task in Asana so you can link to it from Testmo, simply open a specific task. When you then look at the web address in your browser's address bar, you can find the ID (the last one). Or you can click Copy task link in the task's toolbar and copy the ID from the resulting web address.
After referencing Asana issues by linking existing or new issue IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the issue in Asana to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.