Modern unified Monday.com test management with Testmo. Link your testing efforts to Monday.com items and integrate manual test cases, exploratory testing and test automation.
Testmo integrates with Monday.com so you can add new issues (items in Monday.com) from Testmo, link Monday.com items from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced issues.
The Monday.com integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers. This page explains how to configure and use the Monday.com integration in Testmo.
To configure the Monday.com integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your Monday.com instance:
# Link to a board; replace <team> and <board-id>https://<team>.monday.com/boards/<board-id>
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# To open the issue in the board contexthttps://<team>.monday.com/boards/<board-id>/pulses/$(id)
- View issue link: When users click on a linked Monday.com issue ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual ID:
- Issue ID format: For Monday.com, select
The integration allows users to add new issues to Monday.com during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked Monday.com issues from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports to implement Monday.com test management with Testmo.
To create new Monday.com issues from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured Monday.com issue tracker (see above)
- Either enter one or more existing Monday.com issue IDs in the Issue IDs field, or click the + New issues link to access Monday.com
- When adding new issues, create the issue in Monday.com, then close the window and enter the new Monday.com issue ID
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
How to find the item/issue ID in Monday.com?
To find the ID of an item in Monday.com so you can link to it from Testmo, simply open the related board and add the
You can alternatively click on an item. When you then look at the web address in your browser's address bar, you can find the ID (the last one). Or you can click Copy item link in the item's toolbar and copy the ID from the resulting web address.
After referencing Monday.com issues by linking existing or new issue IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the issue in Monday.com to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.