Using Jira Cloud?
If you are using Jira Cloud, Testmo also provides an extensive integration by using the Atlassian Connect platform to automatically push, link & look up issues and to view linked tests and results inside Jira. Learn more about our Jira Cloud integration.
Testmo also integrates with Jira Server and Jira Data Center edition so you can add new issues from Testmo, link Jira issues from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced issues. No direct connection between Testmo and your Jira server is needed for this integration.
The Jira Server/Data Center integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers. This page explains how to configure and use the Jira Server/Data Center integration in Testmo.
To configure the Jira Server/Data Center integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your Jira instance:
# Replace <address> with the server address of Jirahttp://<address>/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa# Or directly link to a specific project & issue typehttp://<address>/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=<project-id>&issuetype=<issue-type>
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# Replace <address> with the server address of Jirahttp://`<address>`/browse/$(id)
- View issue link: When users click on a linked Jira issue ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual ID:
- Issue ID format: For Jira, select
The integration allows users to add new issues to Jira during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked Jira issues from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports.
To create new Jira issues from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured Jira issue tracker (see above)
- Either enter one or more existing Jira issue IDs in the Issue IDs field, or click the + New issues link to access Jira
- When adding new issues, create the issue in Jira, then close the window and enter the new Jira issue ID
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
After referencing Jira issues by linking existing or new issue IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the issue in Jira to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.