Comment on page
Testmo integrates with Linear so you can add new issues from Testmo, link Linear issues from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced issues.
The Linear integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers. This page explains how to configure and use the Linear integration in Testmo.
To configure the Linear integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your Linear instance:
# Replace <name> with your Linear workspace/team name, and# <team-id> with your team identifier (see Team settings in Linear)https://linear.app/<name>/team/<team-id>/new
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# Replace <name> with your Linear workspace/team namehttps://linear.app/<name>/issue/$(id)
- View issue link: When users click on a linked Linear issue ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual ID:
- Issue ID format: For Linear, select
The integration allows users to add new issues to Linear during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked Linear issues from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports to implement Linear test management with Testmo.
To create new Linear issues from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured Linear issue tracker (see above)
- Either enter one or more existing Linear issue IDs in the Issue IDs field, or click the + New issues link to access Linear
- When adding new issues, create the issue in Linear, then close the window and enter the new Linear issue ID
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
After referencing Linear issues by linking existing or new issue IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the issue in Linear to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.