Testmo integrates with ClickUp so you can navigate to ClickUp to add new tasks, link ClickUp tasks from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced tasks such as user stories, issues or defects.
The ClickUp integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers and project management tools. This page explains how to configure and use the ClickUp integration in Testmo.
To configure the ClickUp integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your ClickUp instance:
# Replace this URL with the link to the space or list you want to use in ClickUphttps://app.clickup.com/
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# Enter this address here as is:https://app.clickup.com/t/$(id)
- View issue link: When users click on a linked ClickUp task ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual task ID:
- Issue ID format: For ClickUp, select
The integration allows users to add new tasks to ClickUp during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked ClickUp tasks from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports to implement ClickUp test management with Testmo.
To create new ClickUp tasks from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured ClickUp issue tracker (see above)
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
After referencing ClickUp tasks by linking existing or new task IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the tasks in ClickUp to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.