Modern unified Trac test management with Testmo. Link your testing efforts to Trac tickets and integrate manual test cases, exploratory testing and test automation.
Testmo integrates with Trac so you can add new issues (tickets in Trac) from Testmo, link Trac issues from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced issues.
The Trac integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers. This page explains how to configure and use the Trac integration in Testmo.
To configure the Trac integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your Trac instance:
# Replace <address> with the server address of Trachttps://<address>/newticket
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# Replace <address> with the server address of Trachttps://<address>/ticket/$(id)
- View issue link: When users click on a linked Trac issue ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual ID:
- Issue ID format: For Trac, select
The integration allows users to add new issues to Trac during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked Trac issues from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports to implement Trac test management with Testmo.
To create new Trac issues from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured Trac issue tracker (see above)
- Either enter one or more existing Trac issue IDs in the Issue IDs field, or click the + New issues link to access Trac
- When adding new issues, create the issue in Trac, then close the window and enter the new Trac issue ID
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
After referencing Trac issues by linking existing or new issue IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the issue in Trac to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.