Modern unified Azure DevOps test management with Testmo. Link your testing efforts to Azure boards & issues and integrate manual test cases, exploratory testing and test automation.
Testmo integrates with Azure DevOps so you can add new issues from Testmo, link Azure issues from various entities such as test results and cases, and directly report & access referenced issues.
The Azure DevOps integration uses Testmo's link-based integration that enables you to work and integrate with various issue trackers. This page explains how to configure and use the Azure DevOps integration in Testmo.
Also works with Azure Pipelines
You can also integrate Testmo with Azure Pipelines to submit automated tests from your CI pipelines.
To configure the Azure DevOps integration, in Testmo go to Admin > Integrations. You need to be a project or site administrator in Testmo to access this area. Then follow these instructions:
- Select Custom issue tracker
- Click + Issue tracker
- In the Add issue tracker dialog, enter the details of your Azure DevOps instance:
# Replace the placeholders (domain & project) with your Azure DevOps details:https://<domain>.visualstudio.com/<project>/_workitems/create/Issue
- Name: Select the name you want to use for the integration. The name will be displayed in Testmo when choosing an issue tracker integration.
- New issue link: This is the link users are redirected to when adding new issues from Testmo:
# Replace the placeholders (domain & project) with your Azure DevOps details:https://<domain>.visualstudio.com/<project>/_workitems/edit/$(id)/
- View issue link: When users click on a linked Azure DevOps issue ID, users are redirected to this address. Testmo replaces the
$(id)placeholder with the actual ID:
- Issue ID format: For Azure DevOps, select
The integration allows users to add new issues to Azure DevOps during testing and during test case design. Users can also access linked Azure DevOps issues from tests, cases, runs etc. from the entity pages and issue reports to implement Azure DevOps test management with Testmo.
To create new Azure DevOps issues from Testmo, simply follow these steps:
- From any entity supporting issues in Testmo (such as cases, test results, runs, milestones etc.), click the Add link next to the Issues field (you can find this field in the entity's Add/Edit dialog or from inline result forms)
- In the Add issues popup:
- Select the configured Azure DevOps issue tracker (see above)
- Either enter one or more existing Azure DevOps issue IDs in the Issue IDs field, or click the + New issues link to access Azure DevOps
- When adding new issues, create the issue in Azure DevOps, then close the window and enter the new Azure DevOps issue ID
- Confirm the new issue links by clicking Add
After referencing Azure DevOps issues by linking existing or new issue IDs (see above), you can directly navigate to the issue in Azure DevOps to review the details or update the status. Testmo supports issue links in various places:
- Test results
- Session results
- Automation comments
Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.